I’m about to share with you one of my favorite ways to re-energize yourself and recharge your battery. What I love about this practice is that it can be done quickly. It’s a simple process that only requires one thing: sunlight.
This exercise can be done inside or outside. If you live in a place that is consistently cloudy part of the year, then this may be more challenging. However, even if it’s bright but cold outside, you can still practice this through a sunny window. Ideally, you’ll be able to be outside somewhere in nature, but do what you can!
Here’s how it goes:
- Plant your feet on the ground and stand up tall.
- Feel the support of the surface beneath you.
- Take in three slow, deep breaths while feeling the soles of your feet.
- Begin to feel the sunlight on your face and body, letting it warm and comfort you.
- Imagine that you have an empty column or battery-like shape in your core. This column runs along your spine from your tailbone up the top of your head.
- Now imagine that with every breath, the sunlight begins to charge up this inner battery, from the bottom up.
- Keep breathing and using your imagination, allowing the sun to power you up until your “battery” is full.
- Once you feel fully charged, take in a couple more deep breaths to soak up the energizing effects of this practice.
- Allow your eyes to open, and go about your day.
I hope you find this exercise useful. I’d love to hear about your experience in trying it out!